Leo’s Story

I was waiting for my sister in the parking lot of the high school, and they were passing out fliers for robotics. My mom asked my sister if she wanted to go and she did. Later my mom asked if I wanted to go, so I did. I wasn’t technically part of the team because I was in 8th grade, but I did help out. Our team is like a family. I really look up to my sister. She’s been accepted to different colleges, and she gets good grades all the time. She makes me want to get good grades. She’s the first in our family to go to college. My dad wasn’t able to finish school because his dad wanted him to do landscaping with him. So he wants us to do good in school. My sister wants to study aerospace engineering, but I think I want to go to culinary school and become a chef. I’m good at making breakfast, but I’m sort of like a beginner. My mom has been teaching me to make a few things. There’s this one dish, I can’t remember what they’re called. They’re like tortillas with tomato sauce and cheese over them…I think they’re called chilaquiles. In the future once I actually have a job, I want to be able to help my parents and take care of them.